Monday 5 May 2014

Breakfast Time - Introduction

My favourite meal of the day is breakfast, and my favourite breakfast if oatmeal. I could eat oatmeal every day and not tire of it. I've been known to have it for breakfast and for a bedtime snack. However, my children  are not quite as enthusiastic as I am about oatmeal. So every once in a while we take a break from oatmeal (sigh) and do something different. I thought it would be fun to do a series featuring all different kinds of breakfast foods.  If nothing else, my children will have some variety in their breakfasts for a while as we try out other kinds of breakfast meals.
 
We'll have posts on cereals - hot and cold, pancakes, muffins, coffee cakes, eggs, etc. We'll also have a voting tournament to come up with an "ideal" breakfast, and one day we'll have a guest posting. It's going to be a lot of fun including a giveaway. So get ready for a few days of yummy breakfast ideas.

While you're waiting for these posts, you can check out Wikipedia's article on the "History of Breakfast" - very interesting. Breakfast has gone up and down in popularity. I totally agree with the current thinking that breakfast is a meal not to be skipped. I don't function well until I have mine. Of course, some of that may have to do with the fact that I still have a baby who nurses several times a night so I generally wake up hungry. ☺

You could also check out my Pinterest board "Food - Breakfast" for more ideas on what to make for breakfast including some you can make the night before or put in the freezer for busy mornings.

What's your favourite breakfast?
 



Pin It





linked to: Made By You Monday and The Homestead Hop

2 comments:

  1. Julie Geoffrion5 May 2014 at 13:31

    I'd eat oatmeal every day, too - eggs on the other hand - they can take a walk :) LOL although in moderation I can handle them, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really like eggs either until I was married. Hugo makes the BEST scrambled eggs, and I've loved them ever since.

      Delete