Saturday 29 March 2014

Library Time 22

 
This week I finished reading Twelve Years a Slave. What a fascinating book...reading about slavery from someone who had been free and had to suppress all he knew and allow himself to be subjected to all the horrors of slavery. Thank God he was able to make it back to his family. I can't even imagine the joy of their reunion. Thank God there were people who believed his story and printed it so we can know what went on. Thank God we no longer have slavery in North America, but the sobering fact is that slavery still goes on around the world. This book was very emotional to read, but I'm so glad I did. If you have a Kindle, you can purchase this book for as little as a dollar. It is well worth it.
 
15-year-old daughter - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. She's in a Jane Austen phase again. To be honest, I feel one coming on for myself. Every once in a while I like to go back and read all of Jane Austen's books again. There is something about them that I can't resist.
 
13-year-old son - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. My oldest daughter really enjoyed this book, and I'm considering reading it.
 
The Little Prince
 
11-year-old son - Terror in Winnipeg by Eric Wilson
 
10-year-old daughter - The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan by Nancy Springer. This is from a series of books written in the first person who is Sherlock Holmes' sister. She solves mysteries while trying to find her mother and stay out of the clutches of her brother whom she doesn't trust.
 
8-year-old daughter - The Bobbsey Twins and the Talking Fox Mystery by Laura Lee Hope
 
 
6-year-old son - The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies by Beatrix Potter
 
3-year-old son - Horton Hatches an Egg by Dr. Seuss which he informed me is his favourite book



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You really need to read The Little Prince soon :)

    ReplyDelete