Friday 14 March 2014

Getting It Done


At the beginning of the week I set out a list of my goals for this week off of doing school. So how did I do this week with my goals? Here's the rundown... 
  • organize photos - all done and ready to be printed
  • scrapbook - not as much as I wanted but in this area I consider ANY progress forward progress. I still have nine years to catch up on. I didn't start scrapbooking until 2009. So I'm current with what I've printed, and I've completed through December of 2000. Slow and steady wins this race, for sure.
  • baking
    1. rye bread - The flavour was great. I just wish that it had risen a little more.
    2. homemade marshmallows - okay - These are hands down one of the easiest, tastiest, most fun dessert I have ever made. They taste just like store-bought marshmallows, but they're made with honey so I can feed them to my children guilt-free. I'll say it again, Sarah, thank you so much for creating this recipe.
    3. ginger molasses snickerdoodles - I ran out of time for making these, but I will soon. I love molasses cookies.
    4. red velvet fudge cookies - These were a little dry. I tried to tweak the recipe since I didn't have coconut sugar, and I didn't want to use white sugar. I used some stevia and honey. The taste was fine; the texture was off. I'll have to work on that because these are easy and tasty.
  • put away our grain order - all nicely stored in plastic bins and a small freezer that is unplugged and just used for storing our grains
  • sewing - worked on the quilt I'm making for my oldest son and some tags I'm making for labelling my scrapbooking albums
  • potty train my three-year-old - I almost don't want to talk about this. Let's just say it's not going well. He just doesn't "get" it. I'm thinking about leaving it for a month, and then attempting again. Boys are definitely harder than girls to train.
It's been a great week off of school. Next week back to our routine.
 
Don't forget to enter our giveaway celebrating one year in the blogging world.

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment