Tuesday 21 January 2014

English Muffin Bread to the Rescue Again

I have to say - the fun has not stopped around our house. Just as we're all more or less recovered from the flu my oldest son woke up this morning with some mysterious rash all over his back and spreading rapidly. This was only my husband's second day at his new job so guess who was elected for the hospital run? We woke the baby up and once again I was thankful I breastfeed because it was one less thing to get ready.

The doctor couldn't really help us as to cause just gave us a prescription and sent us home. The medicine made my son drowsy so he slept it off the rest of the morning. My toddler had continuous meltdowns because he does not handle change well and his whole life was upside-down when he woke up. So my morning was a write off.

After nap time I was going to make bread, but now it's the baby's turn to fuss. The house is a mess since everything was switched up this morning so I need to clean it. BUT we really need some bread. English muffin bread to the rescue once again. Here is my original post with the recipe and directions. I love this bread. I can make four loaves in about half the time of regular bread, and it's very tasty and simple. You only need flour, water, yeast, honey and salt. It's my go-to bread when I need lots of bread in a short amount of time. Of course, short is relative. It still takes a little over two hour from start to finish, but that's about half the time of my regular bread.

What is your favourite comfort food that you go to for something nutritious and filling?



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds rough! I'm so sorry things are so hectic around there right now. I just prayed for you and your family, for healing and calmness so you can get things back to "normal."

    My go-to snack is veggies and hummus. It gets us through until I can get something else on the go. Whole wheat pancakes are great, too, when I want some grain in our bellies. We had them with blueberries this morning. Very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ideas, Wanda. We love pancakes too and have them for supper as often as we do for breakfast. :) Thanks for your prayers. 2014 has started out rough so it can only get better, right?

      Delete
  2. I WISH I could make this bread. I have tried to a couple of times and followed your directions but I'm convinced it has to do with the high altitude we live in as it doesn't rise right :(. Have to wait and if we ever live in the lower level again, I WILL try as it looks so good and easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it ever turns out for you, I know you will love it. It will be gone in a twinkling. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer. I love English Muffins so I am intrigued. I am going to hop on over to the recipe and check it out. Praying that you and your family will all be well. My daughter and her whole family are sick also. It is that time of the year.

    ReplyDelete