Saturday 30 November 2013

Library Time 14

This has been a difficult week for me sleep-wise. The baby has not been sleeping well. I say all this to explain my reading for this week. I've been reading what I call "brain candy" - novels and not the greatest quality either. I've just been too tired to do any deep thinking when I read, but I still have this need to read. So let's just let my reading go at that and get on to what my children have been reading.

15-year-old daughter - Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell and Daddy Longlegs by Jean Webster and The Toilers of the Sea by Victor Hugo. Apparently she's not suffering from sleep deprivation. We recently watched the BBC miniseries "Cranford". My daughter did a review of it on her blog "Ramblings of a Janeite". She did a great job (and of course I'm not prejudiced).
 

13-year-old son - Okay, so apparently he's still on his encyclopedia reading binge. This week has been Volume N-O. I might add this is the World Book set my parents bought for me when I was a baby.

11-year-old son - The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey by Frank Peretti

9-year-old daughter -Thrilling Escapes by Night by Albert Lee


8-year-old daughter - Garfield cartoon books

5-year-old son - To Jupiter and Back - a children's book about astronomy

2-year-old son - Teddy Bear's Fun to Learn First 1000 Words 


So a good week of books in our house. How about in yours?




2 comments:

  1. My reading has been very "non-thinking" reading this week - I'm soooo anxious to be done work and spend some time in the afternoons re-reading the great books from our childhood!
    I'm going to look into them as Christmas gifts :)

    ReplyDelete