Friday 23 August 2013

I'm Back



Well, what can I say? I'm sorry that I've been away for so long. We've had everyone taking turns being sick with a summer flu and a lot of errands that left me too tired at night to think about writing a post. Anyway, I have been thinking about things I want to write about. My younger daughters and I are planning out some posts we can do (maybe 2-3 times per month) about hair care, styling and accessories.
 
Like I mentioned we've all had the flu in varying degrees. Being the mom, it took me longer to recover than it did the children. I have a tendency when sick to forget all about taking my supplements and staying hydrated, etc. which only prolongs the agony. Thankfully the baby never was sick, but I think that's due to him nursing and getting antibodies through the milk to whatever we had - another reason to love nursing your baby.
 
I lengthened a skirt for my daughter using the new technique I came up with. Actually both of my younger daughters are wearing it because they love the skirt so much now. It was pretty plain Jane before.
 
 
I currently have a new-to-me dish setting up in my fridge. It uses chia seeds to thicken so we'll see how that goes. I've been wanting to try some popsicle recipes, but we're finding it nearly impossible to find popsicle molds. I know I could find them online, but I don't like shopping online. I'm thinking about just using little paper cups and the stick part to the failed popsicle molds that we tried.
 
Just one more week and then we start school. I can't believe this summer is almost over. I still have a few things to do for getting ready for school, but I can feel it all coming together. I'm starting to look forward to getting into the routine. One thing that we're going to start next week is a new chore routine. I've thought long and hard over the past few weeks about how to shake up our chore system. Sometimes a too-well-known chore system is boring and the jobs don't get finished as well or as easily. I think I've come up with a solution so I'm going to set it all up tomorrow and we'll start it Monday morning. I'm excited - don't know if my children are - but I am. :)
 
So, it's good to be back. I hope you've had a good week full of joy and health. What is your favourite home remedy for getting through the flu?

No comments:

Post a Comment