Friday 30 August 2013

An Ending Leading to a Beginning

 
This has been a great week. Our last week before we start back to school, and I've been pushing school preparations and to finish up my sewing list. It's been an incredibly profitable week.
 
My youngest daughter and I have made popsicles twice - delicious both times. The second time we used two cups of yogurt, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and two tablespoons of honey. It was the perfect blend. We had them today in the middle of our marathon session of canning 75 pounds of tomatoes.
 
Yes, you read that right - 75 pounds. Once I started I was in the rhythm and knew I wasn't quitting until it was all done. We're in the middle of a heat wave and I couldn't endure two days of sweatiness. So now we have 37 quarts of tomatoes ready for turning into yummy homemade tomato soup this winter.
 
I've done A LOT of sewing this week trying to finish up projects before my time for sewing is curtailed next week. I even sewed a project I wasn't planning on - a mai tei wrap - a baby carrier. I've only used it once so far, but it works great. I do so love carrying my baby. This wrap has him on my back. The baby likes this wrap too.
 
I'm about 95% ready for school. Are we ever 100% ready? I'm looking forward to starting up again. Break time is fun, but there is something to be said for an established routine. I'm still figuring out things to do or have ready for my toddler to do while we're doing school.
 
So except for the heat wave we've been experiencing this has been a wonderful week. A great ending to the summer.
 
How about you? Are you ready for school? Did you have a good summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment