Saturday 27 July 2013

Library Time Week 7

A busy, happy week at home. This afternoon there was a nice summer afternoon rain. I looked out the back window and my seven-year-old daughter was in the children's "tree house" looking at the rain and singing. The joys of a carefree childhood. One of the greatest joys is being able to read endlessly. I miss that, but I still manage to get my reading in.
 
This week I read The Betrayal by E. Phillips Oppenheim. Once again I was not disappointed.
 
14-year-old daughter - The Elusive Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
 
13-year-old son - The Assault by Bryan Faulkner (a library prize)
 
11-year-old son - same as his brother - see above
 
9-year-old daughter - The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy - She bought this for herself from the clearance table at our local bookstore. She's following in her older sister's footsteps.
 
7-year-old daughter - Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss
 
 
5-year-old son - Franklin's Blanket and he mastered Lesson One of our phonics course
 
2-year-old son - Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans and Katie and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton. Admittedly we only made it through half of both of these before his attention wandered. His sister also read Farm Animals to him.
 
We had fun reading. Old favourites and new favourites. What did you read this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment