Friday 26 July 2013

Chia Seeds and Octopus


This week after posting on Facebook about wanting to try chia seed recipes my sister-in-law sent me this recipe. I tried the chocolate version right away and most of us liked it. I had mine with berries and some whip cream. I made the recipe just as it said since it was my first time. Next time, though, I'm going to tweak it so that it is more friendly for my diet. I always like finding chocolate recipes that I can eat guilt-free. ☺ Chia seeds are incredibly healthy. Who knew that all the time we were making "ch-ch-ch-chia" pets we should have been eating the seeds? Check out this post to see some of the health benefits of eating chia.

Our baby cut his second tooth and is becoming very insistent about eating when we do. He loves anything and everything we give him. None of my children have been too picky. Then again, I haven't really given them opportunity to be picky. I think I'm pickier than my children. Their dad loves seafood and has cultivated this love in all of our children. Once when we were at a wedding reception with a buffet someone came to me and said, "Uh, your children are all standing around the seafood salad picking out the octopus." At that point I felt like saying they weren't my children for more than one reason.
 
Have you tried a new recipe that you liked this week? or just made an old-favourite?



2 comments:

  1. I actually tried a new stir fry chicken with sweet peppers and onions which Edward just raved about. He also likes your cold pea salad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. I like doing stir fries because it cuts down on dishes. ;) That pea salad must be a guy thing because Hugo and Dad rave about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete