Friday 21 June 2013

Organizing and Baby


I was thinking about this week and what I have done for my family's health. The beginning of our week was occupied with a lot of moving. We moved our all empty jars (a lot) and the few still with food in them from the basement up to our storage room. My husband and two oldest sons did most of the work. My husband did a great job reorganizing our storage room to accommodate the two extra shelves. I was so thankful he did because I was busy revamping our basement. We took all the pictures and board books from the basement up to our little boys' bedroom. Then I spent two days reorganizing all of the rest of the books (approximately 20) while the children sorted through all the toys, books, games, puzzles and clothes that had taken up occupation on the floor. It was a lot of work, but the results are so great. The children love to play down there now. I even labelled the book shelves so when they take  book off they can put it back where it belongs.



That was all amazing, but then I weighed my baby this morning and I realized the greatest thing I did this week was feeding him. At 5 1/2 months he weighs in at a whopping 21 1/2 pounds. Since he is only nursed my body has done an amazing job nourishing his little (?) body. He has the sweetest smile with a dimple in each cheek, chubby thighs and a soft, squishy tummy. I think very soon we're going to have to start some solids. He is definitely starting to show an interest in what we're eating. It is such a bittersweet time. I love that he's growing up, but even if takes another 20 months to wean him it's still the beginning of the end of a very sweet part of mothering him. August 1-7 is International Breastfeeding Week and I plan to do a series of posts about nursing your baby at that time. 



I've done some sewing this week too and will be posting one or two tutorials next week based on the sewing I'm doing. We're also getting ready for Canada Day celebrations. Our garden is really shooting up and this coming week starts u-pick strawberries which we hope to get to. So we're winding down one busy week and looking to start up another.

I hope you had a good week too.


No comments:

Post a Comment